If I'm going to share a podcast and send its transcript that looks and sounds a lot like a devotional and works its way through various parts of the Bible, you are probably asking yourself what qualifies me to take on this project. Well the answer is ... I don't know. There are a lot of things I could tell you about myself. I could make a list of qualifications...
- Raised in a parsonage. Doesn't quite cut it.
- Asked Christ in my life in 1960. Nope.
- Ordained in 1991 in the North Carolina District Church of the Nazarene. Not what you're looking for.
- Travelled all over the world and was exposed to different cultures, religions, and conflict. So what.
- 30 year Army Veteran. Not the credentials you're looking for.
- Associate Pastor of San Antonio First Church of the Nazarene. Don't think that makes the grade.
- Husband of one wife since 1976. Maybe, but not quite.
- Father of two great kids. Mother's fault, not mine. I was traveling all over the world, remember.
- Grandfather. Nope.
- Business owner and consultant. Consultants talk a lot, but that doesn't make it.
- Paper from Vanderbilt, Webster, Georgetown, War College, etc. Nope, just paper.
So what gives me the right to write a blog about a journey through scripture? I woke up in the middle of the night and knew I was supposed to. That's it. I don't know how long I'm supposed to write it or if anyone will read it or get anything out of it. But I was suppose to start it today (April 17, 2012). So here it is. I hope you enjoy it. If you do. Let me know.