Feb 20, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Are you part of an accountability group? Do you have anyone
that really knows you and challenges you in your daily journey? How
do you find someone like that in your life? One group of men I
heard did just that.
- John 8:19
- Jesus: You don’t know the Father or Me. If you
knew Me, then you would also know the Father.
- A few days ago I was listening to a vignette about a men’s
group that decided they wanted to become accountable to each other.
The short video didn’t explain how the men met or tell much about
any common interests that brought them together.
- Might have been a Sunday School Class
- Might have been a Men’s Bible Study
- Might have been neighbors at the time
- Might have been co-workers, but probably not
- Came several areas of business, some entrepreneurs, some blue
- Made a commitment to met for support and accountability to each
other for the next 20 years
- During those twenty years…
- One plead guilty to felony charges and spent time in
- Two lost a child
- One when through rehab for drug and alcohol addiction
- Three went through divorce
- All had major crises in life
- All supported each other and helped them through those
- Seventeen years later
- They know each other
- No secrets
- Nothing off limits in their accountability circle
- Grow in their spiritual journey together
- Challenge each other in all areas of life
- Still committed to life of integrity
- Jesus said we don’t know Him or the Father
- Maybe it was because they didn’t spend any time with Him
- Maybe they thought a superficial relationship would do
- How are you, what’s happening, good to see you, kind of
- He wants us to commit like these ten men committed to each
- Spend time with Him, get to know Him and make nothing off
limits in discussion with Him. He knows anyway.
- When we spend time with Him we will get to know Him and when we
know Him we will know the Father because they are One. How? I don’t
need to understand it, I just need to believe it.
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."