A daily devotional exploring the names of God in scripture. Our website http://alittlewalkwithgod.com.
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm your host Richard Agee.
- El-Olam, the everlasting God. Can we even begin to comprehend what that means?
- Isaiah 40:28-31
- Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
- El-Olam, the everlasting God
- Here is another one of those concepts we just can’t get our heads around
- Everlasting, eternal, always
- We base our concept of time on our lifespan because that’s the only reference we really have
- That’s what we know
- We try to imagine multiple generations and may have met our great- or great-great grandparents but even that timespan is difficult for us to comprehend
- When the Bible talks about the earliest of God’s creation living 900 plus years, many think it a myth and can not understand how it is possible, nor what even a couple of centuries of life would be like
- Everlasting? No comprehension
- Even if we could imagine centuries or millennia and think back realistically to the age of the pyramids it doesn’t begin to compare with everlasting
- The history of man is insignificant in terms of everlasting
- The history of the planet is insignificant in terms of everlasting
- The history of everything is insignificant relative to everlasting
- Divide any amount of years by everlasting and the resulting fraction is so close to zero it might as well be zero. There is no comparison
- As you begin to think about everlasting, remember our God is everlasting, He has no beginning and He has no end. He is more than everlasting, He is eternal.
- Now as you let the concept of everlasting begin to overwhelm you, remember than the God we worship was and is and will be forever. A concept we really cannot understand but we can try. He is the God we worship. He is the God with infinite power and knowledge and wisdom and understanding because He has always been and always will be. He alone is eternal.
- Worship El-Olam today.
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A Little Walk with God."