Jul 2, 2017
A daily devotional walking through God's word together using The
Bible Reading Plan at http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.html.
Our website http://alittlewalkwithgod.com.
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- How much do you want to know Jesus? Enough to give up
everything to find Him?
- Philippians 3:7-11
- But whatever I used to count as my greatest accomplishments,
I’ve written them off as a loss because of the Anointed One. And
more so, I now realize that all I gained and thought was
important was nothing but yesterday’s garbage compared to
knowing the Anointed Jesus my Lord. For Him I have thrown
everything aside—it’s nothing but a pile of waste—so that
I may gain Him. When it counts, I want to be found
belonging to Him, not clinging to my own righteousness based on
law, but actively relying on the faithfulness of the Anointed One.
This is true righteousness, supplied by God, acquired by
faith. I want to know Him inside and out. I want to
experience the power of His resurrection and join in His suffering,
shaped by His death, so that I may arrive safely at the
resurrection from the dead.
- Some people want to be anonymous, but I’m not sure there are
few who want absolutely nothing left behind. We all would like to
have someone remember at least something we have done. We don’t
want to go off into obscurity never leaving any mark at all on the
- Paul recognizes the best mark we can leave, though.
- Whatever we accomplish write off as a loss.
- All gain and all accomplishments are like garbage compared to
- Throw everything aside to know Him
- How much do you want to know Him?
- Is He worth everything to you?
- Are you willing to give up everything for Him?
- It’s when we want to know Jesus the way Paul wanted to know Him
that we can experience Him the way Paul experienced Him.
- Inside and out
- Transformed in our thinking
- Experiencing daily the resurrection power of that first Easter
- Problem with most of us
- We hold to tightly to the things in this present age
- World blinds us to what is important
- That accomplishment we want others to remember
- The money or material possessions we accumulate
- The fame we get so our name is put into some history book
- We want to become a legend rather than letting God use us as
His instrument to do whatever He wants
- Get to know Him inside and out seeing everything else as
garbage in comparison
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."
- Bible Reading Plan - Philippians 3-4