May 29, 2017
A daily devotional exploring the names of God in scripture. Our
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Topic Introduction with headline.
- Exodus 31:13
- Eternal One: Speak to the Israelites and tell
them, “You must be careful to observe My Sabbaths. For the Sabbath
Day serves as a sign between Me and you for all generations, so
that you will know I am the Eternal One who has set you apart
from all the other nations.
- Jehovah-Maccadeshem, the Lord who makes you holy
- The King James translates this name, the Lord, who sanctifies
- NIV and several more modern translations, the Lord, who makes
- Easy to Read version, says, the Lord, who makes you his special
- We just read from The Voice, the Eternal One who has set you
- All have the same meaning, sanctify, set apart for sacred use,
special people, holy, separate.
- The God we serve sets apart from the world
- He makes us different, special, sacred for His use
- He sets apart for His special use
- Today, everyone wants to be unique
- It’s interesting because everyone who seems to want to be
unique looks and acts just alike in the world
- Hippie movement, Gothic look, whatever fashion the world thinks
sets you apart all look and act alike in their attempt to be
- Doesn’t bring happiness because those attempts to form into
what the world wants doesn’t satisfy, doesn’t fit the purpose for
which we are individually created
- Set apart for God’s purpose
- God gives unique skills, talents especially designed for the
purpose He has for you
- Created you to fulfill a specific purpose within the scope of
- His will, that all will come to know Him as their personal Lord
- Uses people to carry out His will and fulfill His ultimate
- Sets us apart to accomplish that mission
- Does He need us? No. Will He use us? Yes, if we let Him.
- Jehovah - Maccaddeshem, the Lord who sanctifies you, who makes
you holy, who sets you apart from the world. He is the God we
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."