May 28, 2017
A daily devotional exploring the names of God in scripture. Our
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Today we look at God’s name Jehovah-Yahweh. They are one and
the same, the first a Christian transliteration of the latter.
- Genesis 2:4
- This is the detailed story of the Eternal God’s
singular work in creating all that exists.
- Yahweh, the name God called Himself when Moses asked who he
should tell the Israelite sent Him.
- Meanings attributed to the name
- “He Who Makes That Which Has Been Made”
- “He Brings Into Existence Whatever Exists”
- other interpretations have been offered by many scholars.
- Written as a tetragrammaton, four letters YHWH without vowels
- Reminder to never say His name because of its sacredness
- Later transliterated to Jehovah by Christians
- Adonai was the spoken name of God
- One of the seven names of God that should never be erased
- We hear the name Jehovah fairly often, Yahweh not as much, but
they are the same
- Transliteration on one to the other beginning in ancient
- God, the one who makes that which has been made
- He is the creator of all things
- If it’s been made, He is the one who brought it into
- We might think we are creative, but Yahweh created the creative
- Nothing exists without Him
- Today, think about God’s name, Yahweh.
- What does His creative name mean to you?
- What has He created for you and in you that you can give thanks
and glorify Him for it
- What has He brought into your life that you recognize come from
- Reexamine your life and see how Yahweh has made possible every
good thing in your life
- He who makes that which has been made; He brings into existence
- Good descriptions of the God we serve
- He is the one worthy of our worship
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."