Apr 21, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Secrets are something Jesus reached inside others and made
known. He didn’t seem to have any Himself. Maybe we should follow
- John 18:20-21
- Jesus: I have spoken in public where the world
can hear, always teaching in the synagogue and in the temple where
the Jewish people gather. I have never spoken in secret. So why
would you need to interrogate Me? Many have heard Me teach. Why
don’t you question them? They know what I have taught.
- I’ve taken several oaths in my life.
- As an Army officer to support and defend the Constitution
- To my wife
- In court, to tell the truth
- In various legal situations attesting to my identity or the
truth of some legal document
- All those oaths are public record or can be
- I’ve never belonged to one of those secret societies. And I
don’t want to.
- Oaths behind closed doors.
- Teachings that you must reach certain levels before you are
allowed to hear what the next level knows
- Secrets about beliefs and activities
- Secrets about loyalties and how deep those loyalties
- That’s what I like about Jesus’ testimony to the high priest
- Wasn’t trying to be flippant
- Wasn’t trying to be rude or arrogant
- Just stating fact
- Everything He did was in the open for all to see
- Even His prayers were open enough for His disciples to overhear
and record them for us later in the gospels
- Beware of those religions that hide behind secrets
- Jesus had no secrets
- Everything He did, He did in the open for all to hear
- I think He tells us to do the same
- We have nothing to hide when we follow His command and His
- It’s true many have died because of His teaching, but so did
- What did He teach that cost His life?
- God wants a personal relationship with each of us
- Only one relationship never ends, think about it
- Everyone you enter into a relationship with will die or move or
things change that change the relationship
- Every relationship with anything or anyone terrestrial will
- Only a relationship with God can last
- Only He is immortal and relates with our immortal soul
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."