Mar 15, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Do you like magic shows? I’m always fascinated by them and like
to see if I can catch the magician in some mistake that reveals his
secrets. 2,000 years ago, that was no magic show at Lazarus’ tomb,
- John 11:43-44
- After these words, He called out in a thunderous voice.
Then, the man who was dead walked
out of his tomb bound from head to toe in a burial shroud.
Jesus: Untie him,
and let him go.
- A couple of months ago, I saw the Illusionists. It’s a group of
magicians that do a variety of tricks on stage that really boggle
- A couple of the acts were pretty weird, like running sharp
objects through his body. I didn’t care so much for that.
- Escape from a water chamber similar to Houdini’s water chamber,
but without the straightjacket
- One that really fascinated me was a man who just manipulated
- Hidden in pockets
- Appeared from thin air
- Thousands of cards
- We enjoy watching things we can’t figure out
- Enjoy trying to catch the magician in his tricks
- Try to find the wires or hidden pockets or figure out the
strange technology they used to fool you into thinking something
magical has happened
- Their skills are sometimes incredible
- 2,000 years ago those around the tomb didn’t see a magic trick
- No incantation
- No technology, wires, or mirrors
- No double to take Lazarus’ place
- Jesus prayed, thanked His Father for hearing His prayer
- Called in a loud voice
- The dead man walked out of the tomb bound from head to toe in a
- Jesus brought life into a dead body
- Arms bound to sides
- Legs bound together
- Enough life to get up, walk out of the tomb wrapped from head
to toe, probably hopped out
- Took away the stench of death, too
- Untie him, and let him go.
- Free him from the shroud as I freed him from death
- No magic, just power over death
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."