Feb 7, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- We sometimes forget the advantage we have living on this side
of the cross when we read the words of Jesus. We think it would be
so easy to believe if we could have seen Him in person and listened
to Him speak while He walked the earth. But was it so easy
- John 6:53-58
- Jesus: I tell you the truth; unless you eat
the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you will not know
life. If you eat My flesh and drink My blood, then you will have
eternal life and I will raise you up at the end of time. My flesh
and blood provide true nourishment. If you eat My flesh and drink
My blood, you will abide in Me and I will abide in you. The Father
of life who sent Me has given life to Me; and as you eat My flesh,
I will give life to you. This is bread that came down from heaven;
I am not like the manna that your fathers ate and then died! If you
eat this bread, your life will never end.
- The words Jesus shares with the crowd that day were hard words
for them to accept.
- The last Passover supper was a long time away.
- Covenant with His disciples had not yet been announced
- Death on the cross that explained His sacrifice and symbolism
of His flesh and blood was still in the future and unseen by all
those around Him
- How could they understand
- Why would Jesus give these words that would drive people away
from His message of love and forgiveness?
- Christianity is not an easy life
- Must count the cost to serve Him
- More will hate your message than like your message
- No watered down, easy road, do as you please religion
- Prepare us for what is to come
- Message He gives the crowd that day
- If you consume what the world offers, you die
- If you consume what He offers, you live
- Hard to understand sometimes, but that is the mystery of
- Beyond our knowing because He is God and we are not
- In a battle for our lives
- Satan lies and is the father of lies
- Listen to God’s truth
- Trust His word and follow His direction
- Obey and live
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."