Feb 25, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- There are few true monarchies any more. Most are democracies
with a monarch as a head of state, like in Great Britain or Monaco.
But we are fascinated by their ancestry, who is next in line for
the throne, the hidden secrets of the royal family. We love stories
about the palace, don’t we?
- John 8:34-36
- Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a
slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but
a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will
be free indeed. I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you
are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my
word. I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence,
and you are doing what you have heard from your father.
- Even in America, we get a lot of buzz about Prince William and
Kate. They have revitalized the monarchy in Great Britain in the
last few years. Every generation of the monarchy, tracing its
history back to Egbert of Wessex reign about 800, looks for that
first born son to rule as king of the united empire.
- See the authority used wisely and foolishly
- Always in the news
- People are interested in their lives because their lives
influence them in a direct way
- Much more so in the past than today, but still they play an
important role in the politics of the nation as the head of state
for the country
- Everyone keeps up with the descendants
- Who is next in line if something happens to William?
- What if both he and his brother died at or near the same
- Who is next in line for the throne?
- What is their character and how will they lead?
- Not so anxious for Charles to take the throne, but excited for
William to lead because of his appeal to the common people.
- King carries tremendous weight in a monarchy
- We don’t understand it in our democracy
- We elect representatives to write and execute our laws on our
- True monarchies have a king that decides it all. The king
- He determines who lives and dies and how people progress
between those two points of birth and death
- Generally the kingdom passes down to the heir unless overthrown
in battle or he abdicates the throne for personal or political
- Those listening to Jesus thought they could stand on their
pedigree, their ancestry as descendants of Abraham to do as they
please just as a prince might extend his rights because of his
position to the throne.
- Jesus stops their argument
- Commands come from the real King of kings, creator
- Jesus, His son has power they do not have because they are only
human, not divine
- The question is who is your father? God or Abraham? Heavenly or
earthly? Divine or human? Who do you follow? Your choice
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."