Apr 28, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s and you saw peace signs
everywhere. Technology brought the Viet Nam War into our living
rooms for the first time in history and we heard the daily body
count from across the sea. Everyone longed for peace.
- John 20:20-21
- Jesus: May each one of you be at peace.
As He was speaking, He revealed the
wounds in His hands and side. The disciples began to celebrate as
it sank in that they were really seeing the Lord.
Jesus: I give you
the gift of peace. In the same way the Father sent Me, I am now
- What does peace mean to you?
- There will never be peace between nations.
- We can’t even have peace within nations as evidenced by our
most recent elections here.
- We often can’t achieve peace in our own households as evidenced
by divorce rates climbing toward 60%
- So what is peace?
- Definition of peace: 1. freedom from disturbance; quiet and
tranquility. 2.freedom from or the cessation of war or violence.
- Is this what Jesus promised His disciples and us?
- Freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility?
- Slander; persecution; martyrdom
- Where is the peace He promised?
- If looking for peace in regard to our relation to the world, it
will never happen
- The world hated Him and will hate us
- Promised trouble in this world and all who follow Him have
found trouble if they share His message or live the life He demands
- The world opposes us and tries to turn us to their ways
- When we don’t they do everything they can to destroy us
- So what kind of peace did Jesus leave?
- Inner peace
- Peace with ourselves and with God
- Freedom from the guilt that plagues us because of estrangement
from God in our wickedness
- Doesn’t mean we’re murderers or robbers
- Although, Jesus says hate means murder
- Coveting, means robbery
- Robbing God with our tithes and offerings
- All have sinned against God
- Failed to honor Him and live the life He wants us to live
- We know we need His forgiveness
- He gives assurance of forgiveness and peace
- What can you give in exchange for that peace?
- Nothing in all the world is worth the peace you can have in
knowing your sins are forgiven
- Every follower of Jesus who is really all in for Him knows
- His legacy is peace
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."