Feb 21, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- What if all this Christianity stuff is just a sham? Some of
those early listeners thought it was. Many people today think it
is? How do we know it is real?
- John 8:21, 23-24
- Jesus: Once more Jesus said to them, “I am
going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin.
Where I go, you cannot come.”
This made the Jews ask, “Will he
kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot
But he continued, “You are from
below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this
world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not
believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”
- We in the Christian community sometimes scoff at those outside
the Christian community and wonder why others can’t see things the
way we do. We just don’t understand why something so clear to us is
so foreign to everyone else. But we forget that we live on this
side of the cross and we have God’s spirit living in us to guide us
and teach us His truth.
- Perception is real in the mind of those who perceive it
- How do we know we are right and others are wrong
- Can we trust what Jesus says is true?
- What is His word isn’t true and we’re just chasing the
- Many have raised that argument over the centuries
- God isn’t real
- He can’t be seen so how can we know He is there
- What makes us think there is a divine being interested in our
eternal well being?
- Why should we follow His command and His teachings?
- Take a look at Jesus’ words and how they fit into history
- Same story of man’s salvation handed down from the time of the
- Everything pointed toward Jesus
- Nothing since the crucifixion and resurrection has refuted His
act of salvation
- God’s word has stood the test of time
- No other book transcribed and translated through centuries
without change like God’s word
- No other book preserved like God’s word
- No other book treasured like God’s word
- Testimony of thousands attest to the truth of what He says
- What happens if we follow His word as truth and it is not?
- We treat each other well
- Communities thrive
- We live peacefully with other
- Conscience clear
- Die happier and more content than most people around the
- What happens if we don’t follow His word as truth and it is?
- We live only for ourselves
- We are at war with others trying to gain things for
- We sin against others and against God
- We stand in judgment at the end of life
- We suffer eternal judgment apart from Him
- It doesn’t take much faith to realize His word is truth
- Takes much more faith to think it is not and live apart from
- If He is the final judge we need to listen to Him since He will
determine our final destiny
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."