Apr 23, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Say it enough times and it must be true. That’s what some want
you to believe. But what is truth?
- John 18:33-37
- Pilate: Are You the King of the Jews?
Jesus: Are you
asking Me because you believe this is true, or have others said
this about Me?
Pilate: I’m not a
Jew, am I? Your people, including the chief priests, have arrested
You and placed You in my custody. What have You done?
Jesus: My kingdom
is not recognized in this world. If this were My kingdom, My
servants would be fighting for My freedom. But My kingdom is not in
this physical realm.
Pilate: So You are
Jesus: You say that
I am king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into
the cosmos: to demonstrate the power of truth. Everyone who seeks
truth hears My voice.
- I’m not a salesman for GEICO, but I love some of their
- Remember the one with the young lady that believes everything
on the Internet must be true, just because it’s on the
- She argues with the man next to her and just doesn’t understand
that everything on the Internet isn’t necessarily true
- And then the prince charming she meets on the Internet walks up
for their first date
- He’s not what she expected, either
- What is truth?
- Webster defines truth as:
- The real facts about something : the things that are true
- Truth is most often used to mean being in
accord with fact
or reality, or
fidelity to an original or standard. Truth may also often be used
contexts to refer to an idea of "truth to self," or authenticity.
- Humankind has been on a search for truth since Satan deceived
Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden because at the moment they ate
that forbidden fruit they discovered there was something in the
world that was not true.
- Satan lied to them and we have been faced with this dilemma
about what is reality and what is not ever since
- Pilate wants to know the truth about Jesus
- We want to know the same thing
- We want to know about God, scriptures, heaven, and hell
- We want to know if there is an afterlife and a judgment
- We want to know if what scriptures say about the endtimes is
true of if what the world says is true
- How do we know what is true and what is not?
- Take a test drive
- Read God’s word with an open heart
- Let Him speak to you through His word
- Let Him reveal Himself to you
- His spirit will guide you into all truth and you will know what
is real and what is not
- His truth will set you free
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."