Apr 30, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Topic Introduction with headline.
- John 20:27-29
- Jesus: Reach out and touch Me. See the
punctures in My hands; reach out your hand, and put it to My side;
leave behind your faithlessness, and believe.
Thomas (filled with
emotion): You are the one True God and Lord of my life.
Jesus: Thomas, you
have faith because you have seen Me. Blessed are all those who
never see Me and yet they still believe.
- My wife gets on to me all the time thinking that I don’t
believe her when she tells me something.
- Mr Right Brain
- Have to work through the logic of her answer
- Does it fit the science or math or philosophy or some other
discipline I’ve studied?
- Does it fit into my personal frame of reference?
- Usually agree with her after I’ve logically gone through it,
but while I’m on that mental journey, she thinks I don’t believe
- A little frustrating for both of us
- Can damage a relationship if you don’t understand how the other
person processes information
- Still strains a relationship at times when she just wants me to
stop the logic part of my brain and nod my head
- That’s what the other disciples wanted Thomas to do
- I think I relate to Thomas
- The science, math, philosophy, logic of the situation didn’t
fit with his experience
- Needed to work through his logic to make sense of what they
- He wasn’t there to see what they saw and might have eventually
put it together
- Reviewing Jesus’ miracles
- Recalling Jesus’ words
- Listening to the stories from those who saw Him
- Would have put the logic together and believed but would take
- Jesus appeared to cut through the logic and made Himself known
If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."
- Don’t worry about the science or philosophy or experience
- Just believe
- Sometimes hard for the right brain people
- We need to work on that part of our personalities
- Blessed (happy) are those that believe without seeing, without
going through all the logic
- They won’t be as frustrated
- It won’t take them as long to get there
- They won’t have to work through the unexplained to believe
- They can just take by faith the news they hear from other
- If you’re on the right brain side of the crowd
- Let loose a little
- Just believe
- You’ll be blessed by it