A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while He walked alongside us. Our website http://alittlewalkwithgod.com.
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm your host Richard Agee.
- Do you remember blue laws? If you’re younger than 50, probably not. We don’t have many if any blue laws around anymore, but maybe we should. Maybe we wouldn’t be in the pickle we’re in today with our worship. Listen and find out why.
- John 4:21-26
- Jesus: Woman, I tell you that neither is so. Believe this: a new day is coming—in fact, it’s already here—when the importance will not be placed on the time and place of worship but on the truthful hearts of worshipers. You worship what you don’t know while we worship what we do know, for God’s salvation is coming through the Jews. The Father is spirit, and He is seeking followers whose worship is sourced in truth and deeply spiritual as well. Regardless of whether you are in Jerusalem or on this mountain, if you do not seek the Father, then you do not worship.
Woman: These mysteries will be made clear by He who is promised, the Anointed One.
Jesus: The Anointed is speaking to you. I am the One you have been looking for.
- I’m not sure, but I think the largest segment of the population today are the baby boomers. Generations before us, families were larger, but they have now passed on our parents started worrying about population growth, being able to send us to college and provide for all us baby boomer kids in the suburbs, and so our families tended to begin to curb those population swells. The Gen-Xers and Millennials seldom have more than two kids and many have no kids, so the baby boomers are the big chunk in the US anyway. So what’s that got to do with today’s scripture?
- Greatest Generation and their children
- Raised with societal norms of Christian standards in this country
- Church every Sunday
- Blue laws
- Nothing open on Sunday
- Baby Boomers became interested in money
- Relaxed and abolished blue laws
- Worship anytime or anywhere
- Sports took center stage on Sunday afternoon instead of family
- Christian values were no longer the norm
- No worship tolerated
- 24 hour operations the norm
- Christian values viewed as hate speech
- Cesspool of sex, drugs, and violence everywhere you turn
- Jesus’ words come back to haunt us today because we have lost our way in worship and following what He wants us to do.
- It doesn’t matter where or when we worship
- but...The Father is spirit, and He is seeking followers whose worship is sourced in truth and deeply spiritual as well. Regardless of whether you are in Jerusalem or on this mountain, if you do not seek the Father, then you do not worship.
- When we let the world dictate our norms and leave Him out, we run the risk of losing our eternal life
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A Little Walk with God."