Mar 24, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- My grandson had the thrill of his life last week. This year he
is finally tall enough to ride “The Rattler”, the big roller
coaster at Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. He’s wanted to ride for a
long time, but just wasn’t quite tall enough. His plight reminded
me of today’s words from Jesus.
- John 13:31-35
- Jesus: Now the Son of Man will be glorified as
God is glorified in Him. If God’s glory is in Him, His glory is
also in God. The moment of this astounding glory is imminent. My
children, My time here is brief. You will be searching for Me; and
as I told the Jews, “You cannot go where I am going.” So I give you
a new command: Love each other deeply and fully. Remember
the ways that I have loved you, and demonstrate your love for
others in those same ways. Everyone will know you as My followers
if you demonstrate your love to others.
- When you were a kid, do you remember those times when your mom
or dad or big brother or sister left you behind? “Sorry, you can’t
go with me, kid.
- Not this time.
- You’re not big enough.
- You’re not old enough.
- You’re not ready.”
- How did you feel?
- I imagine that’s how the disciples felt when Jesus talked to
them about going away.
- Closest friends.
- Went everywhere with Him
- Enjoyed His teachings, His miracles, His company
- Wanted to protect Him from the crowds and His enemies
- Wanted to be wherever He was
- What did they feel
- We look back and understand
- Know where He was going
- Know we can join Him one day
- Know how to get to the place He went
- Ask His forgiveness
- Accept Him as Lord
- Follow Him each day
- We can’t go there yet, but one day it will be time and we can
be with Him forever
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."