Jan 29, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Do you fear death? I’ve seen too much death in my lifetime, but
I’ve seen those who are incredibly afraid of death and those who
accept it as just the passage from life to life with no fear in
their countenance at all. What’s the difference in them? Stick
around and we’ll talk about it.
- John 5:24
- Jesus: I tell you the truth: eternal life
belongs to those who hear My voice and believe in the One who sent
Me. These people have no reason to fear judgment because they have
already left death and entered life.
- A few years ago I was suffering from some physical symptoms
that scared my wife pretty bad. I couldn’t walk more than thirty or
forty feet without stopping to suck in all the air around me. I
just couldn’t get enough air to satisfy the needs of my body.
- Check for asthma
- Check for pulmonary edema or other lung problems
- Check for cardiac problems
- Check for neurological problems
- Found nothing except I couldn’t get enough oxygen
- Family feared for me
- Several mechanical problems to be labeled as a disabled
- Nothing life threatening
- Now I couldn’t get enough oxygen to pass into my blood to
satisfy my body
- For me, no fear, overwhelming peace
- Knew the status of my heart
- Knew my destination
- Knew the next step if i took my last breath
- Pain but comfort in pain
- Eternal life belongs to those who hear My voice and believe in
the One who sent Me. These people have no reason to fear judgment
because they have already left death and entered life.
- Did I want to die
- Too much left to do and see
- Not anxious to get to the other side
- But not afraid of death
- Good feeling to know death is not as frightening an experience
as Satan tries to get us to believe.
- A lot of unknown
- Watch the faces of believers and non-believers
- Peace versus fear and anguish
- Personal experience from what should have been frightening
- Death approaching is okay when God’s spirit is in you
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."