Jul 3, 2017
A daily devotional walking through God's word together using The
Bible Reading Plan at http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.html.
Our website http://alittlewalkwithgod.com.
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Topic Introduction with headline.
- Leviticus 10:1-2
- Nadab and Abihu, two of Aaron’s sons, took censers and
filled them with embers; then they put incense on top of the fire
and presented it to the Eternal One. This was a strange and
unauthorized fire that the Eternal did not command them.
Flames erupted from before the Eternal and burned up Nadab and
Abihu. They both died in the presence of the Eternal One.
- Many churches frown on drinking alcohol. Most think getting
drunk is not a good thing to do. Where does it stem from?
- Stories like this one let us know why it pays to stay sober.
- Noah was drunk and caused Ham to see Him naked. It let to Ham
and the Canaanites being cursed.
- Judah sleeping with his daughter in law.
- Samson losing his strength
- Aaron’s sons losing their lives
- And on and on, story after story of people losing their
inhibitions and common sense under the influence of alcohol and
getting themselves in serious trouble
- God made a profound example of these two priests, Nadab and
- New nation
- New laws
- Monotheism in a pagan, polytheistic world
- They had apparently been drinking when they attempted to put
incense on the alter. God did not approve of their behavior.
- His fire killed them instantly.
- God doesn’t punish immediately too often today
- Still the same eternally
- Delays His punishment as a demonstration of His grace and
- Gives us an opportunity to repent
- Gives us an opportunity to come to Him for forgiveness and
- Wrath will come at the time of His choosing
- His is the same yesterday, today, and forever
- The punishment we saw with Nadab and Abihu is the kind of
punishment any of us could expect for violating God’s laws
- He is a holy God and doesn’t allow sin in His presence
- Only through the blood shed by His own son can we find
forgiveness for our sins and come into His presence
- It pays to listen to what God has to say, don’t you think?
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."
- Bible Reading Plan - Leviticus 10-12