Apr 27, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Who do you have in your life helping you along the path? We all
need certain kinds of people. Jesus’ words today reminded me of
- John 20:17
- Jesus: Mary!
(turning to Jesus and speaking in
Hebrew): Rabboni, my Teacher!
Jesus: Mary, you
cannot hold Me. I must rise above this world to be with My Father,
who is also your Father; My God, who is also your God. Go tell this
to all My brothers
- We all need three kinds of people in our lives.
- People we are mentoring
- We often try to journey through life on our own
- God made us with the need for relationships
- All have different gifts
- None have enough gifts and talents to make it through life
- God created us with the need to reach out to others
- Mary came looking for Jesus’ body
- Came with others to carry out the funerary rituals
- Knew she couldn’t do it alone
- When Jesus met her in the garden and she recognized Him for who
He was, she called Him teacher
- He was her mentor, learned from Him
- We need someone to pull us along - a teacher
- Go tell this to all My brothers
- Mary ran to tell the story
- These brothers were Jesus’ friends while He walked with us
- His inner circle gave Him strength
- They were His confidants
- He knew He was God’s son, but considered them His brothers
- Reached out to all who came to Him to teach, heal, share the
- God’s kingdom is at hand
- Believe in Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins
- Jesus is the true son of God
- He gives freely of His grace and mercy for the asking
- He just asks us to follow His ways in return
- So who is your mentor? Who challenges you along your Christian
walk? Who are you helping progressing along the journey as a mentor
to them? We all need those three kinds of people in our lives. Take
inventory and see how you’re doing.
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."