Jan 30, 2017
A daily devotional through the recorded words Jesus spoke while
He walked alongside us. Our website
- Thanks for joining me today for "A Little Walk with God." I'm
your host Richard Agee.
- Have you ever thought about what our world would be like if
Adam and Eve had not disobeyed God. What would this place be like
if Adam carried out God’s plan from the beginning?
- John 5:25-29
- Jesus: I tell you the truth: a new day is
imminent—in fact, it has arrived—when the voice of the Son of God
will penetrate death’s domain, and everyone who hears will live.
You see, the Father radiates with life; and He also animates the
Son of God with the same life-giving beauty and
power to exercise judgment over all of creation. Indeed,
the Son of God is also the Son of Man. If this sounds amazing to
you, what is even more amazing is that when the time comes, those
buried long ago will hear His voice through all the rocks, sod,
and soil and step out of decay into resurrection.
When this hour arrives, those who did good will be
resurrected to life, and those who did evil will be resurrected to
- That phrase in Jesus’ words today, “the Father radiates with
life; and He also animates the Son of God with the same life-giving
beauty and power to exercise judgment over all of creation”... made
me think about those opening questions today.
- What if Adam had not disobeyed?
- What would our world be like?
- What did God really want from humankind?
- The Father radiates with life
- Triune Godhead present at creation
- Created life, not death
- Death entered the cosmos as a consequence of man’s
disobedience, not God’s creative act
- Intends for us to live, not die
- The voice of God penetrates even dead, inanimate objects,
death’s domain, to restore life
- Think about how seeds burst from the ground using nutrients
from dead and decayed plants and animals
- Life comes from death by a creative act of the Father
- Jesus talks about an amazing time to come, though
- He will return
- The dead will be resurrected
- The good to life
- The evil to judgment
- God never intended for us to die. That was our doing through
disobedience. But God’s plan is to restore those who believe in His
restorative plan. Those who will follow Him and worship Him will be
restored to life eternally. It’s our choice to believe or not.
What’s your choice today?
- If you want to learn more about my church, you can find us at
SAF.church. If you like the devotional, share it with someone. If
you don't, tell me. I hope you’ll join me again tomorrow for "A
Little Walk with God."